Friday 2 January 2015

THE MINIMALISM GAME #MINSGAME day 1 - 9

The minimalism game is a common starting point for minimalists (or so I've assumed after reading many blogs) so I thought it was only right to see what the #minsgame was about. Essentially, it's a decluttering game with a partner, or several partners. Unfortunately, I'll be taking part in this on my own - unless anyone stumbling across this blog would like to do the same, in which case tweet me @MinimalismMission



How does the game work?

Easy. On day one, you get rid of one item. Day two, two items. Day fourteen, fourteen items and so on and so forth. Sounds easy enough, but I'm guessing I'll struggle into the twenties!

So here we go for days 1 - 9:

Day 1 -  one pack of Hair extensions (I'll never wear them)

Day 2 - two glass candle holders (they were my grandmothers, but they collect dust I'd rather them be loved)

Day 3 - three photo frames (that I never got around to putting on the wall, and probably never will)

Day 4 - one cd, one old book, an old sim card and one pair of scissors (who needs several scissors/scissi? what's the plural here?)

Day 5 - one bag of fabric cut offs (why on earth did I ever keep them?), one kids game, a nail file, a nail polish and a white board.

Day 6 - four old cd's (now living on my computer), one watch and a jewellery dish.

Day 7 - a mechanical pencil (I don't even have lead), three coasters, an empty candle jar and two keyrings.

Day 8 - one deodarant stick (who needs two?), a roll of tape, three bracelets, a trinket box, a necklace and one set of storage tins,

Day 9 - an extra large gift bag (that I'll never reuse), one pair of flip flops, one storage box, one decorative sign, one decorative wooden box, one half-used candle, a laptop bag (that I haven't used since university 2 years ago), a small photo frame and a necklace.


running total: 45 items


1 comment: